Combi Boiler stops working when unit is sealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum and would appreciate any help, I have a Baxi Genesis 80 Combi Boiler, its just stopped working, I stripped the sealing cover off the chamber to see if the spark generator was working, as I could not hear anything, (Note: 6 months earlier I had the spark generator replaced for a new one as it had stopped working) once the cover was off I turned the power back on and the generator was working ok, I replaced the cover and tried the unit again, it did not work, once again I removed the cover and it worked fine, now prior to all this I had noticed the water pressure was low and pressured the system up only a little too much around 2 bar, I realised that 1 bar was sufficient, but thought that 2 would be ok, could this be the cause, as I write I am going to depressurise the system back to 1 bar to see if this helps, anyway if there are other things I should try can someone please advise, thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Dont think youll get any advice from here.youve removed the combustion chamber cover...your way into CORGI territiory here.

Ok so your saying I shouldn't have removed it, and that I need to get a fitter out, once again, its never ending just had so many problems with this unit and its cost me a fortune, thought I'd have ago myself, the last time as I said it was the spark generator and that cost £40 on top of the call out charge, well thanks anyway, just have to get the phone book out again.

Pozzydrive, you're going about this the wrong way. Boilers are not appliances on which you can try out ideas - every make and model has a fault-finding process that will lead to diagnosis of the problem.

Even if you understand the princples of the workings of your boiler, and I think you probably don't, the law says that you must not work any gas-related component unless you're competent to do so.

It's your lack of a systemic approach that means you'll get very little out of the CORGI registered professionals on this forum - they have to weigh up the risk involved in giving you information that you might use to do something illegal, or, even worse, something dangerous.

<edited at 21:32>
Pozzydrive, I didn't see the post that you made just before mine, but have seen it now, so you do have my sympathies. I strongly advise that you find a friend or colleague who can make a recommendation to you, then you're less likely to be disappointed.

For the record, the posters who are making comments this evening seem to be labouring the point long after you've accepted it.
:rolleyes:

<edited at 21:34>
Oh cripes, now kp has got in before me, saying the same thing; I can't win.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Pozzydrive, you're going about this the wrong way. Boilers are not appliances on which you can try out ideas - every make and model has a fault-finding process that will lead to diagnosis of the problem.

Even if you understand the princples of the workings of your boiler, and I think you probably don't, the law says that you must not work any gas-related component unless you're competent to do so.

It's your lack of a systemic approach that means you'll get very little out of the CORGI registered professionals on this forum - they have to weigh up the risk involved in giving you information that you might use to do something illegal, or, even worse, something dangerous.

it is a joke how the old car mechanic, spark or even ****ty DIY guy wants to fix his boiler with the help of tradesmen on here

ok the odd zone valve issue or pressure vessel problem is ok but stripping boilers down with no previous experience is a joke !! and you expect help !!

FIND A DECENT OR RELIABLE ENGINEER, plenty on here if in fear of being ripped off !! dont risk the safety of yourself and others !

I was being a bit flippant and fun Dad

its not fair

(slams door and stomps of to his room mumbling "bloody dad always having a go of me its not fair" )

:LOL:

HarrogateGas said:
Dont think youll get any advice from here.youve removed the combustion chamber cover...your way into CORGI territiory here.

how can you say this removing the combustion cover your deep in corgi land, geewizzzzzzzzz he has taken the cover off chaps

take no notice of this jumped uped chin scraching conman they always pull these strings trying to make themselfs look as tho they are rocket scientist

DEBBOOL said:
HarrogateGas said:

how can you say this removing the combustion cover your deep in corgi land, geewizzzzzzzzz he has taken the cover off chaps

take no notice of this jumped uped chin scraching conman they always pull these strings trying to make themselfs look as tho they are rocket scientist

heres a thought !! tell him the problem then !! or scratch ur chin !!

combustion chamber and cover are 2 different things my friend and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out this either !!

mmalone said:
DEBBOOL said:
HarrogateGas said:

heres a thought !! tell him the problem then !! or scratch ur chin !!

combustion chamber and cover are 2 different things my friend and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out this either !!

so the guy takes of the cover and then takes a couple of screws out of the combustion panel and kevplumb comes up with
thats why we have regular work inspections and reassesments
lol
evolution is amazing i am surprised we are out of the trees with guys like this

DEBBOOL said:

DEBBOOL - are you speaking from a position of knowledge? In other words, have you read what the law says on this matter?

kevplumb said:
keep pushing fella ;)
sure you are amusing the regulars ;)

push what kevplumb what is your problem sounds to me you are the big birdie on top of the tree and someone is shaking it

try and keep to the post please as i will ignore all your intimidating threats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back