combi boiler temp query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been doin some searching for some info this evening as the mrs has been going bonkers as the house has been really cold as of late, for what temp i should have my valiant eco tech pro combi boiler at.
i have read that if i want my bills low i should have it set around 50-55, but if i this wasnt hot enough i could go upto 80.
i havw set mine to 65 and goin to give it a try for a couple of days. is this correct?

also my query is, along side what i read about the rad temp is the water temp should be set to a relavent temp? mine is set to 55

thanks kris

Sponsored Links
Usually set my flow temps up at work at 80 or 90 but we have large buildings and many rads on the circuit

Sponsored Links
i have 9 rads if this info is relevent to setting temp?

When you think of the heat loss of your system by the time the water gets to your last rad on circuit you might drop 10 degrees 45 degrees is barely warm just about comfortable bath temp.

I suppose you might argue the higher the better as the rads will radiate more heat and warm the room quicker but I imagine there is cut off point where this no longer becomes the most efficent idea

Try experimenting with your settings until you find the optimum setting where your house is evenly warm and your boiler isn't trying to fire constantly to make the temp back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back