Combi boiler vs Instant water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our worcester 24i boiler is alright but does take a while to heat up water to the tap, maybe 15-20 seconds. i wonder if it is worth using a instant hot water heater under the kitchen sink instead as they only cost around £100.

Note, our kitchen is currently 4 plastered walls and no units or plumbing at all, hence the question before installing begins as it would be much easier to run just a cold supply to the kitchen, new washing machines and dishers only have cold supply anyway.

opions please

Cheers

Sponsored Links
An instant water heater would certainly solve the problem of it taking a long time to get to the taps, but it'll take up room in the cupboard and if you want anything with half-decent flow you'll need a 12kw with a dedicated electric supply. Even then you can only expect about a 5-6 litre per minute flow rate to get the kind of temperature you'd use for washing up

jamriggsy";p="1981214 said:
our worcester 24i boiler is alright but does take a while to heat up water to the tap, maybe 15-20 seconds. i wonder if it is worth using a instant hot water heater under the kitchen sink instead as they only cost around £100.

Note, our kitchen is currently 4 plastered walls and no units or plumbing at all, hence the question before installing begins as it would be much easier to run just a cold supply to the kitchen, new washing machines and dishers only have cold supply anyway.

opions please

Is your life that busy that 15-20 secs causes you that much trouble or is it the waste of water bothering you, Cost of water heater is nothing compared to cost of fitting, also as already said £100 water heater will give you crap flow rate.

Sponsored Links
Surprising that no one has mentioned that an electric water heater will cost about five times the cost of gas.

But thats a small price for someone whose life is so busy that they cannot take 15-20 seconds to wait.

BUT I have a solution!

Use the 15 seconds of cold water to fill the electric kettle, saucepans of carrots to be cooked or just cleaning your teeth. Then you will not waste your time or water!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back