Combi Boiler

Oli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If i get a thermostatic shower will I need a pump... and can a pump be fitted?

I have a combi boiler but the pressure is very low. When a tap is turned on elsewhere in the house pressure reduces alot. Will a thermostatic shower reduce or even stop this problem?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
a thermostatic shower will not solve your problem
you cant pump the mains unless the flowrate is below a certain figure (chris r will no doubt post you the details i hope i cant remember) :D

Ok, so there is not much I can do to solve the problem presuming that the flowrate is above this figure.

Are there no other soloutions? Can nothing be done to the bolier to increase pressure?

is th pressure the problem or is it the flow rate where i am i get 3.5 bar of pressure running one tap run two it falls to .75 cos the main coming in is 1/2 in lead i still get the pressure not the flow if you follow my drift could be your problem :D

Sponsored Links
I see what you mean. If the water is not coming in fast enough to service the pressure demands then pressure will reduce. So increasing the flow rate internally could actually make little difference while using a combi.

From what you are saying whatever shower I get the situation will be the same. As long as the above it true?

A thermostatic shower would work at the same pressure as my current electric offering?

by jove i think youve got it

might be worth a call to your local water company if your pressure is low find out what the min should be :D

Thats great! Thanks for your help, I will get onto them tomorrow.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back