Combi boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to replace our Worcester combi boiler. We like the idea of staying with a combi boiler, that can serve a three story house. A bathroom on the top floor, a shower room on the middle floor and a bath on the ground floor.

Can anyone advise on the most cost effective boiler that we can have? If anyhone reading this is Corgi registered and would like to give a quotation (in the Reading area), that would be great. We have British Gas coming next week, but I am afraid that they will be far too expensive.

Sponsored Links
Stay with a worcester and look at the 37 or 42 CDi, for supplying your hot water requirements.

Guestimate BG quote for one of the above £6350 :eek:

;)

I would go for vaillant & b.g. will be more like 2k to 3k depending on what is needed ie flueing arrangements flushing & controls etc

Thank you for the advice, it is very much appreciated.

Can anyone advise me what the differences are, or give me a suitable model number so that I can compare the two?

With regards,

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Vaillant Ecotc Plus 937, if you have enough room to fit it, or the 837, which is the same boiler, but without the heat store tanks behind it.

You will need to have your gas supply pipe from the meter checked for size and your cold mains pressure and flow rate tested before making a decision on a combi this powerful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back