Combi-condensing based system - pipe diameter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've decided to install a new heating system in the near future after moving into this home from the 70's...

The thing is, I'm trying to research what is the best/most efficient system on energy, but not at the expense of performance.

I obviously want a warm home - achievable with microbore, but would also like to run a decent mixer shower in the upper floor off the system as well.

I understand that microbore is easy to install etc, but is there not a compromise due to the potentially reduced flow-rate, as the pipes are on average 50% smaller in diameter to traditional 15mm pipework.

Any advice gratefully received. :)

Sponsored Links
DON'T USE MICROBORE!! Plastic is easy and not so stupidly small.

Use 22mm for main flow/return with 15mm feeds to the rads. I used Hep20, pulls through upstairs joists like cable ! No hacking the joists to bits and using cover plates... I didn't use plastic because I cant bend or solder copper, it has many benefits over copper.

Sponsored Links
P.S. said:
Use 22mm for main flow/return with 15mm feeds to the rads. I used Hep20, pulls through upstairs joists like cable ! No hacking the joists to bits and using cover plates... I didn't use plastic because I cant bend or solder copper, it has many benefits over copper.

eh :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back