combi heater won't kick in , Vaillant vcw 18 t3w

Screw box back together then push the black rubber button in see if u feel a click as it resets if it don't it ain't that I still think ur problems with the red an green buttons on the switch box these r very sensitive an have a habit of leavin pilot on but tripping electric

Sponsored Links
Put box back together, pressed rubber nipple but to be honest didn't feel a switch or anything like that , seemed like a void.This was done with the electric off if that makes any difference. Pilot light has come back on but constant or timed command from timer doesn't make the boiler kick in and have bought another timer to see if that was the problem. If the issue is the red/green buttons is there a next step for these buggers? or are there other next steps like fuses or chasing power supply inside the boiler
Thanks to Bunnyman and Agile for their patience !
Over to you boys !
Thanks House123

The usual fault for no heating on the sine 18 is that it's stuck in hot water, the pump will be running constantly but it will only occasionally fire up due to it only heating up a tiny amount of water in the boiler. The cause is the a slight weep from the water valve whick corrodes the spindle and guide.

Sponsored Links
He has no pump or anythin runnin on this one mate so it's not the leaking gland check the 2 amp fuses on the inlet if still no go u gonna have to get someone in

Have checked the inlet fuses and they are fine,.
Bunnyman you have noted that the red/green buttons can be sensitive, what can a man do in checks or resets ?
Appreciate yours and anyone esles views.
Thanks !

You can measure the restance across the normally closed contacts.

However, I thought that the pump was not operating which would not be affected by those contacts.

Tony

yes they would tony if the contacts are broken pilot stays on pump wont run...there are 2 switched 1 low voltage for solenoid 1 high voltage for pump

The reset worked for me. I'm a bit bemused that the overheat needs resetting after the water was off and the boiler idle, but hey it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back