Combi help needed

Sly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Glow worm 80E combi boiler that has me baffled.
Perhaps some one here can help me

I have been getting really heavy water flow from the overflow/ PRV drain,
So I fittted a new PRV ........still exactly the same.

Other facts

The PV is dry and charged to 0.6 bar ( via foot pump)
If I shut of the CW feed the overflow stops but the CH pressure remains at 0.7 - 1.0 bar.....CH operates no problem......

pressure always as the book.

I can see no physical connection from the CW feed (not the refill circuit) to the overflow other than a possible leak through the Plate Heat Exchanger.......but if this was so why does my CH pressure not drop to zero when I turn off the CW feed and leave the system idle.

I am baffled any clues?

Thnx Sly

PS I am not a heating engineer so I may have all this completely round my neck :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
OK time for an embarrasing admission :oops:

After further searching I discover that the WC cistern overflow is piped into the boiler overflow (behind some paneling).............just goes to show check everthing first.................but look on the brightside
I discovered this great forum where there seems to be plenty of people to help. Thnx for scratching your heads at an impossible problem

Sly

The boiler's Pressure Relief Pipe should be in a position where scalding water which it might emit, is not a danger to anyone. Is that the case!?

The pressure relief drain is About 10 ft off the floor but i suppose It could spray onto some one,
extending would not be hard into a definately safe position,
Any limit on length if I keep a decent fall on the pipe?
Also only use copper because of the heat?

Thnx Sly

Sponsored Links
Best to separate it from the wc overflow really. It should be copper. The usual make-safe is to turn the end back to point towards the wall. That's still not OK if it's over a door. There are no particular regs on length; a few feet is not a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back