Combi - Hot Radiators but no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have 2 problems with a potterton combi boiler 105E, i wondered if anyone could give me an idea on how to solve if possible:-

1:- It doesnt matter if I switch to hot water only or hot water and CH... regardless of where its set, I get the radiators coming on, so I have to turn them off manually

2:- Yesterday the boiler decided to cut hot water supply completely (although the radiators are still scolding hot!) Ive run the tap and the correct lights come on, I get a burst of warm water for a few seconds then back to cold.

Is there anything I can do or is it a job for the engineers???

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
I have had this problem before now on my combi boiler, what it boiled down to was a faulty diverter valve, the valve slides between HW or CH which ever is one demand, I took it apart and cleaned inside and it has worked ever since,

I have had this problem before now on my combi boiler, what it boiled down to was a faulty diverter valve, the valve slides between HW or CH which ever is one demand, I took it apart and cleaned inside and it has worked ever since,

Ok thanks, I will look into that then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back