combi - hot water: hot-cold-hot-cold, plate heat ex q...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in your opinion - in a combi - what is the best way to make sure the plate heat ex is at fault, ie if the h/w runs hot-cold or lukewarm etc?

Sponsored Links
Check the ntc and voltage on valve coil for correct curve; if both are fine, chances are your system is full of crap.

thanks for your reply bengasman.

I used to feel the flow and return primary pipes to it but as you say eliminate these 2 is the better way.

when you say measure valve coil on GV for correct curve, do you mean check the voltage going to modulating coil is correct, so pcb is sending correct voltage there?

I also check high and low GV settings on modureg if applicable.

If the temp differential across the plate is too high then it can only be the pump or a blocked plate.

One wonders why someone who is not gas registered is so interested in the detail of boiler repairs though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
on the DHW thermistor fault with h/w running hot - cold in that cycle, do you find when you test the thermistor the reading is usually ok, and to test it when the fault just occurs is a bugger?!

how do you know I am not gas safe/reg. Agile?

If the temp differential across the plate is too high then it can only be the pump or a blocked plate.

One wonders why someone who is not gas registered is so interested in the detail of boiler repairs though.

Tony

Because the vast majority of gas disasters are caused by professional qualified gas-safe registered fitters. This forum (and the screwfix one) has many examples of poor workmanship by "professionals". its about time the competant DIYer is given credit for carrying out a superb job, meeting all regs. and with a high standard of workmanship. He doesn't have to work against the clock where "time is money".

lukewarmbath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back