Combi to shower - from bath OK ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a couple of questions.

1)

I want to install a shower where a bath is, and move the bath elsewhere in the room.

I was looking at a Mira Combiforce 415 "pressure balanced" mixer shower.

The 'online' instructions for this mixer shows the pipe work
coming directly off the combi pipe work (i.e. within the combi itself).

Am I reading this wrong?

I hope so, because what I want to do, is use the existing pipe work from the old bath and feed the shower mixer from that.

It seems odd that you would have to take it from within the combi - but before I buy/start I would just like some reassurance from you guys that this isn't the case.

Because if it is - it will be a nightmare fit.

My boiler is a Alpha CB 28

2)

Reading up on this, it seems that a "pressure balanced" unit is the way to go, but does anyone know if you can buy a mixer that also incorporates a thermostatic option as well?

Many thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Yeah that's just how they show it, don't worry about it, you'll be fine using the existing bath supplies to feed your new shower, and your system is suitable (that is, you have a combi which means you will have high pressure hot and cold supplies).

The Combiforce is an excellent choice, it's an updated version of the original Mira 415 that's been around for years. It IS a thermostatic mixer, so no worries there.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back