Combination Condensing Boilers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Halstead Eden CBX24 or a Vaillant Ecomax 824/EH RSF or similar, cost is the factor, can anyone give me an opinion please. Already used Vaillant CB

Sponsored Links
The Halstead Eden looks ok but is untested in the marketplace.

The Vaillant Ecotech is a cheaper version of the ecomax and would be most peoples choice.

Dont get the 24 kw model as its undersized for modern living, get the higher output power version.

Tony Glazier

I believe that's Halstead's first condensing combi, V have been at it for donkeys. I'd stick with the main players on condensers.

Sponsored Links
Thank you 4 your feedback,
I think I am going to buy thro the trade centre I use everything for the CH installation, using a Biasi Combi Condensing boiler, M96.24 SM/C. because the price is right, and my colleague has already had one installed.

I would advise you to use the Biasi 29 kW rather than the 24 kW.

Also check the price in B&Q warehouse stores for the "white" case rather than the silver one which is more expensive. You may need to pressure them to order the cheaper white one for you. Thats unless you want to pay extra for the silver case of course.

Assuming you are not CORGI registered, if you are going to do it properly and use a registered engineer for the fixing, flue and gas connections then you should contact him before you even settle the boiler position so he can advise on its suitability.

Where abouts are you located?

Tony

Thanks Tony for your advise, too late I have just bought the boiler and gear from Stax Trade Centre in Olbury, its to be installed in Redditch for my daughter, by myself and I will need a CORGI man.
She and her fiance have just moved into to their first house which is a small semi, and only requires 7.288 Kw from 7 rads, so I assume the 24 will be adequate. Thanks again,
Graham.

graham14 said:
small semi, and only requires 7.288 Kw from 7 rads, so I assume the 24 will be adequate. Thanks again,
Graham.

Thats the danger of DIY choice of equipment!

The heating requirement is irrelevant, its the hot water requirement which defines the size of boiler.

All I can say is that whilst 24 kW used to be the norm, during cold weather they are struggling to give a reasonable amount of hot water. Whilst 24 kW are still used for tennanted property most owners choose the 29 kW model. This gives about 11.6 litres per minute compared with 9.3 li/min

If you have not opened the box you may still be able to change it.

Tony Glazier

Thanks again Tony
Looking at the spec it reads

Domestic Hot Water M96.24 M96.28
Min Flow Rate 1/min 2.5 2.5
Flow Rate (30degrees rise) 1/min 11.6 13.6
Flow Rate (35degrees rise) 1/min 10.0 11.6
Flow rate (40degrees rise) 1/min 8.7 10.2
81.88BTU's

Is this ok, and I have not yet opened up the boiler.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry Tony the lay changed when I Submitted it the second readings are for the 28

Sorry Tony the lay changed when I Submitted it the second readings are for the 28

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back