combined rain downpipe and soil vent???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i want to move an exsisting soil vent pipe and rainwater downpipe from inside to an an outside wall. the question is can you install a vent/soil pipe and connect the rainwater pipe to this rather than have to run 2 complete pipes side by side?

currently they both terminate into the same underground pipe 4 inches away from each other?

my concern would be smells and i'd assume to do this you'd need some sort of trap to stop smells coming up the guttering instead.

p.s. i'm talking here about roof line guttering

Sponsored Links
But isn't the drain at the bottom of the pipe which is currently inside? Where would the drain be on the outside? :unsure:

I'm not sure whether you could boss onto a stack with 63mm rwp.

Even if you could, the air discharge from the resulting rain water outlet would not be high enough should there be any openable windows nearby.

The simplest solution would be to fit a storm gully at the same time as you re-hash the drains for the stack, then drop your rwp into the gully.

Just confirm that it is a combined system once you start digging.

Thanks for the replies,

The drains currently run from a toilet in the back porch under the porch floor to outside then turn 90 degrees to join the other drains from the kitchen, the porch was added years ago and built around the pipes rather than move them.

The rain downpipe drops into a u bend gully which then joins the main soil pipe

No big issue if it can't, just trying to save on the extra 30 quid for pipes gully's and work

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back