Combined shower and bath filler

Greetings,

Pay that little bit extra and go with a mira thermostatic mixer. You know your going to get quality and spares are easy to come by.

Sponsored Links
Pay that little bit extra and go with a mira thermostatic mixer. You know your going to get quality and spares are easy to come by.

Currently have a Mira mixer shower and very happy with it - but do they do one with a shower/bath diverter ?

ta

s

Sponsored Links
i'd say that was too much for a non-branded mixer, stick to known makes, i think you'll be happier in the long term

and if looking at mira, look carefully, they make some naff stuff as well as some good stuff

Thanks Gremlin (why the 16 - are there 15 other gremlins ??)

Is the aquamixa ok for shower performance - have had bad experiences with bath taps with shower attachments

Have approx 4bar at ground level (22L flow) - shower will be on first floor and will be having a mains pressure water system (if i ever find a plumber !)

Is that good ?

The plumber who measured the pressure etc. thought it was borderline for a megaflo or thermal store solution ?

the last time i had ours checked it was border-line for what the water company had to supply by their own guidelines !

hence the reason the replacement system i am putting together has a total of 240 gallons of stored water, and 90% of the supplies in the house will be from the pumps off that storage, god help me if the power goes off for any length of time !

Just spoke to Bathstore - their stuff comes from Crosswater - with a 10 year guarantee ... is that worth anything though ?

s

a 10 year warranty is encouraging, i think i've heard of that company, but i'm not sure.... but i guess the question is, will spares be available for it in a few years, or do their product ranges change regularly and then spares become harder to obtain ?
Trevi for example seem to have a very good spares retention system, and you can usually get what you need, albeit not very cheaply !

Aqualisa do a new product (ilux) which mixes and fills your bath, to the correct level and at the right temperature. See www.aqualisa.co.uk

Very new haven't seen one in the flesh or fitted one yet......

As an aside, do you do anything in your house without consulting an internet forum?

As an aside, do you do anything in your house without consulting an internet forum?

Hmmmmm didn't realise i was being counted ;) Good point though, maybe I should spend more time doing and less time posting?

Seriously though, we'vve got a zillion things to do in our new place and I like to get a good understanding before either doing things myself, or getting them done by a professional. And this forum is a great way to pick up tips and get answers - except about the pros and cons of thermal stores vs unvented cylinders !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back