Combo Van 1995 Cold Start up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Can anyone shed any light as to why I,m having start up problems with our 95 Combo Van. Have changes the heater plugs and battery, once it finally gets going theres no problem for the rest of the day or even if you leave it for a couple of hours, its just the initial start up in a morning.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Are the heater plugs actually working have you checked they are getting power and for how long

What are the actual symptoms of not starting is it winding over at normal speed and just not firing, is it winding over to slowly, could be starter or wiring problem, is it winding over to quickly which could indicate low compression (what mileage)

As Andy says, check that the glowplugs are actually working. The easiest way is to watch the interior lights, after about 15-20 seconds you should see the brightness increase as the relay drops out and reduces the load on the battery.

If you want to do a proper check connect a voltmeter between one of the glowplug terminals and earth, you should have 10-11 volts for about 25 seconds.

If that is OK you could be getting air in the fuel system, try pumping the primer bulb until it goes hard, if it starts OK then you have an air leak.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the ideas Guys,
Now the new battery is fitted it is turning over at what I would call normal speed, as for the milage it's 117,000 ish. I will get a Voltmeter on it tomorrow and let you know the results.As for pumping the primer bulb, I don't think there is one strangley but I will treble check. There is a notisible effort to fire though if I pump the excellerator pedal.

Regards Neil

Back