'Comfort' for the price of an extra seat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Airline's Lie-Flat Solution For Economy Class.

Long-haul passengers who seek the comfort of lie-flat beds without paying business class prices are being targeted with a new solution from Air New Zealand.

15536339.jpg
15536343.jpg

The carrier will offer travellers the chance to purchase the Skycouch - three specially-designed adjacent seats that fold out to create a flat space for a couple to sleep together or for children to play on.

For two adults travelling, purchasing the Skycouch will be based on buying two seats at standard prices with the third seat at approximately half price.

It will still be a substantial saving on two business class seats.

The airline's chief executive officer Rob Fyfe said the new seats, which will be fitted in its first new Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft when it arrives in November, would redefine long-haul travel.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bu...Skycouch:_Lie-Flat_Solution_For_Economy_Class

Seems a simple solution and doesn't look too uncomfortable. Certainly must beat sitting all that way.

However, some may struggle whatever the seat configuration....

Obese Passenger A Big Problem For Plane Crew.

A picture of an obese man bulging out of an economy plane seat has been circulated around the internet.

15487409.jpg

It is thought this snap was taken by an American Airlines flight attendant who wanted to highlight the problems staff have to cope with when passengers are unable to fit into seats.

The image of the man spreading out into the aisle was posted online by blogger Kieran Daly who writes for Flightglobal.com.

"This is sent to me with the absolute assurance that it's a genuine picture taken by a flight attendant at American Airlines," he said.

It is not known whether the passenger was aware his photo was being taken.

Many airlines already offer extra-long seatbelts for overweight passengers and if they cannot fit between the armrests they are encouraged to buy an extra seat.

In a statement the airline said: "American Airlines' primary concern is for the safety and comfort of its passengers and crews and consequently passengers are advised to book two seats if they are concerned that they will require them."
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...ulging_Out_Of_Seat_On_American_Airlines_Plane

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. Add a couple of steadiers from the trolley, and a blanket, and things could get a bit out of hand! :eek:

Not sure about using the flat seats 'for children to play on'. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a flight ruined by someone elses unruly brats.

Hmmm. Add a couple of steadiers from the trolley, and a blanket, and things could get a bit out of hand! :eek:

Not sure about using the flat seats 'for children to play on'. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a flight ruined by someone elses unruly brats.
Become an MP you'll have nothing to worry about, you'll be in Business Class!

Sponsored Links

Become an MP you'll have nothing to worry about, you'll be in Business Class!

Or football manager? In first class, with someone else's missus/girlfriend! :cool:

15487409.jpg

Is this even an aeroplane? I have never flown in one with so many windows!

Seriously it annoys me when faced with a stupid excess baggage charge for bringing just a normal amount of belongings for a week when in the same queue is someone carrying the weight of a suitcase round their waste free.
I think the allowances should be for passenger and luggage together.

You know how your hand luggage has to fit through that little metal frame at the check-in desk? :idea:

What about having one for people too? That way you won't get all the way into the plane before finding that you are too big for the seat. :LOL:

There's no human right or human necessity to fly cheaply (or indeed to fly at all) so I am in favour of massively-obese people having to buy an extra seat if it means I don't get their bingo wings in my face for the duration of the flight.

But as most airline seats are sized for a midget who has no arms, I think first priority should be to introduce a sensible legal minimum on seat dimensions that can accomodate, say, 95% of the adult male population. And has an arm-rest each so you don't spend 3 hours trying to reclaim your half of the arm-rest from the bloke in the next seat. :LOL:

I was checking in for a flight with my partner and excess baggage charges were listed on the counter... I was carrying an extra 40kg of person for free, but if she was carrying an extra bottle of shampoo over the luggage limit it would have cost her £20. :confused:

Seriously it annoys me when faced with a stupid excess baggage charge for bringing just a normal amount of belongings for a week when in the same queue is someone carrying the weight of a suitcase round their waste free.

A very sensible suggestion.........I like it....

Sponsored Links
Back