Commons Statement on Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the AronSearle on another thread.

I now realise what he is.

Click
icon_ignore.gif

Sponsored Links
natural for people to push forwards when pushed from behind.

Oh I agree, but it doesn't absolve responsibility.

We are not talking about cattle here, but people, the police could only be held solely accountable if you accept the fans were no better than wild beasts.

They were not, they had the ability to act sensibly, so did the police, they all failed those crushed to death.

Anyone who says the fans are not at all to blame, is worse than the sun, at least the sun portrayed them as scummy drunken people, rather than stupid dumb animals.

sooey said:
it was the then establishment who chose to lay the blame on the easy targets of football fans to preserve public confidence in the police.

Yes yes yes, I get it, everyone was finger-pointing everyone else, instead of accepting they all had a part to play.

It was the responsibility of the police to control the crowd, they got it wrong in so many ways the altered statements to cover it up. The police started the panic then covered it up, why the cover up?

Because that's what the police do when they stuff it up. It's got nothing to do with a footie match, nothing to do with scousers, nothing to do with anything.

When the police screw it up they close ranks and start to lie. It's the way it works.

Everything was wrong that day - it just all came together in what is now the Hillsborough Disaster.

Sponsored Links
Because that's what the police do when they stuff it up. It's got nothing to do with a footie match, nothing to do with scousers, nothing to do with anything.

When the police screw it up they close ranks and start to lie. It's the way it works.

Ten thousand thanks, because your so so so right.

Well libby. we all have mobile phones in our pockets now so the honest man is going to reclaim the streets.

That copper who killed the newspaper seller got lucky. They had already corrupted the process and there was no turning back. suspect the next cop who does that will be hung out to dry. They wouldn't be able to cover up a Hillsborough now no matter how much they tried.

Its really good to see some people on this forum have common sense and know what is going on.......it was bad enough they fluffed it but trying to blame somebody else whil changing/altering statements is awful.......I really hope the rsoles get brought to justice for tampering with evidence..

I think it went much higher but we'll probably never know.
Thatcher and the tories were trying to get the football supporters bill through at the time, and blaming the supporters fitted their agenda as well as absolving the south yorkshire police, who they owed big time for policing the miners strike.
The police started the cover up lies, and I believe the government of the day then brought their influence to bear to make those lies stick.
Think of the fact that it was a tory mp who so enthusiastically repeated the worst of the lies at every chance he could, or the tory mouthpiece newspaper of the time printing that article with no proof whatsoever (I wonder what favours Rupert got for that one). Or a coroner ffs recording those verdicts and coming up with that nonsensical arbitrary cut off point of 3:15pm. That's got to be government influence in my mind for a coroner to do that. Or Thatchers other mouthpiece Ingham using every opportunity to denigrate the fans who were there.
It will probably never be proven as I said but I'd still hope that there is a hell for the likes of that senile old bitch Thatcher to roast in.

Yep,, Liverpool fans, would never cause any trouble or anything at a football match,, now would they ? Remember 5 yrs before?

I do yes. I also remember hundreds of Juventus fans attacking Liverpool fans and Liverpool fans retaliating against them. In a ground that was already falling down and should have been closed!

I also remember more Juventus fans being arrested than Liverpool fans. But lets forget that part eh?

I also remember Peter Robinson complaining bitterly about that ground being too old and unsuitable for a European cup final long before the game just as he had about Hillsborough.
It's a damm pity that the football authorities here and abroad chose not to listen to that man.
Both of his complaints were reported in national and local papers at the time and should be a matter of record.

It will probably never be proven as I said but I'd still hope that there is a hell for the likes of that senile old **** Thatcher to roast in.
That thought is seconded...

And it's ironic that some of those whingeing about the sale of those 'Thatcher death celebration' T shirts a few days ago were quite possibly involved with/spread the lies of Hillsborough..

(6pm, trafalgar square, first saturday after the b*tch dies is party time...:D )

Bodgeitandleggit said:
no matter what sooey or snico says they will never accept the TRUTH .

Because people push each other in crowds.

I have been to large events, and it is ALWAYS the same, people at the back, eager to get in or out, push and cause everyone up front to get crowded.

And you expect me to believe that at a football match, with high spirits in the crowd, this behaviour didn't exist?

Or that somehow, when this behaviour leads to deaths, it's someone else's fault for not managing the crowd, that somehow all those people at the back were only pushing because the police made them.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

I don't buy this modern era attitude that because the police were in charge of managing the crowd, they are then solely responsible for all that goes wrong, people are still individuals and should know better than to push.

Bodgeitandleggit said:
no matter what sooey or snico says they will never accept the TRUTH .

Because people push each other in crowds.

I have been to large events, and it is ALWAYS the same, people at the back, eager to get in or out, push and cause everyone up front to get crowded.

And you expect me to believe that at a football match, with high spirits in the crowd, this behaviour didn't exist?

Or that somehow, when this behaviour leads to deaths, it's someone else's fault for not managing the crowd, that somehow all those people at the back were only pushing because the police made them.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

I don't buy this modern era attitude that because the police were in charge of managing the crowd, they are then solely responsible for all that goes wrong, people are still individuals and should know better than to push.

Is there any chance we can get you banned, you talk out of your a##e....do us all a favour eh?

I have been to large events, and it is ALWAYS the same,

Exactly! Which is why football clubs have to pay the police large amounts of money to implement crowd control methods in the interest of PUBLIC SAFETY.
It was the police who utterly failed on that day, which, combined with the cost saving priorities of Sheffield Wednesday who knew about the safety problems in that part of the ground but wouldn't spend the money necessary to bring it up to standard. Combined with the local council decision to allow them to hold matches without a safety certificate. Combined with the FAs decision to carry on holding semi finals there despite the known problems, which led to and caused this disaster.
If you still can't understand who is responsible put yourself in the shoes of Trevor Hicks, that man lost two beautiful daughters that day. Two young girls who were killed watching their team, has he ever once sought to blame their fellow supporters? The answer is no, he KNOWS where the blame lies, and hopefully he's now well on the way to getting his justice.
You are just a total idiot who, despite having no experience whatsoever of this kind of situation think you know better than just about everybody else.

Is there any chance we can get you banned

Well, if you can time out from swearing and name calling for a minute, why not take the time to complain to the moderators?

It was the police who utterly failed on that day

I do not deny that they utterly failed in their duty, but that doesnt mean it is wholley their responsibility.

You would do it yourself would you, would you push people in a rush to get in?

If people at these events didn't push, there would have been no crowd control issues for the police to mess up.

And that's before we even discuss such "distasteful" opinions such as people turning up without tickets, despite being told not to.

I think it's a disgusting attitude that you can say it's OK for people in a crowd to push each other, what ever happened to common decency and manners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back