Compact 28 hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This Vokera boiler was installed 2 years ago and worked fine initially. I am now finding that the hot water is getting up to the required temperature set by the hot water dial but after a few seconds it goes cold and I mean cold to the cold water temperature. After a few seconds it get up to the hot temperature again then back to the cold. This began a few months ago and the ratio between the hot and cold was quite long. That is, it was hot for much longer than cold but now the ratio is about the same. 1:1 and therefore I cannot get enough hot for a bath. The central heating seems to be working fine. Any ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
This is most likely to be a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

Tony

Agile said:
This is most likely to be a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

Tony

there isnt one....its a twin pass heat exchanger.

there is very little in these boilers but i would suggest to prevent you spending more money than is necessary you get the boiler checked by engineer. could be a few things causing this fault.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back