Compression joint leaking!

I did not write that ( as such )! Its from the Conex site and their advice for using their compression fittings.

I know, but that applies to new Conex fittings.

Conex olives are good quality and their recommendations may not work every time for whatever olive came in the cheapest possible fitting that will be used in most cases in the real world.

Similarly, it may not work for a Conex olive that is being re-tightened.

Sponsored Links
Conex say jointing compound is not normally needed, unless on larger unions (over 50mm). They don't state not to use it. On imported stuff I will always use paste. Conex are comparatively expensive compression fittings, and people generally don't want to pay extra for them.

I always find the only way I can get compression fitttings leak free is not to tighten hardly at all.

I don't like this, as when you loosen them, they come undone far to easily. So I prefer to use a little paste and tighten a little further.

And btw, in no way do I mean over tighten..!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back