Compression waste, boxing in.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to go from 40mm solvent to 32mm push fit, the only way I know how to do this is with a compression reducer. The join will be behind the bath and not get-at-able and there's no other way for me to do it. I don't really like boxing in compression joints.

No doubt the joint will be fine if done correctly but as I precaution is it a good idea to seal round the joint with silicon as well?

Sponsored Links
No, wouldn't use silicone. As long as the fitting is tight and supported adequately you won't have any problems.

After all the trap is most likely compression as well :)

I have to go from 40mm solvent to 32mm push fit,

Could you not go down to 32mm solvent, until it emerges in a get-at-able place?

It's difficult because the chrome basin waste trap I have will be on show and it should go straight into the wall(cleanly). It's 32mm push fit.

Don't really want the chrome waste entering the wall with a compression reducer on show.

Sponsored Links
i dont understand what u mean, what exactly are u trying to do

I have a chrome waste trap for the basin, it ends in a 32mm push fit fitting.

I have 40mm solvent waste pipe for the basin coming in from under the bath.

I need to go from 40mm solvent to 32mm pushfit and the only place to do it is behind the bath where I won't be able to get at it again after it's done.

so you have the problem because u cannot glue the chrome pipe, is that what you are saying?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back