Concealed Bath/Shower mixer valve and wall cavity...

do you know if the st pumps come with a plug? it says 'prewired - yes' but i assume that just means from the pump itself.
Just a fly lead; ST recommend a double pole switched, fused connection but you can still throw the switch. None of the pumps are rated more than 13 Amps (2/3 bar pumps are only 5 Amps) so there is no reason you should not fit your own plug with a suitably rated fuse if you wish.

just need to decide now whether to go for the 2bar or the 3bar
Go for the 3 bar if you have the cash, won't do any harm & will give you a very good reserve & at least get some sort of performance from the high pressure shower head you’ve got.

Sponsored Links
hi richard, just to throw a spanner in the works, what are your opinions on pressurised hot water systems? a friend of mine has just suggested, as an option instead of a noisy pump, to put a mains fed pressurised vessel in the system to give my hot water a mains header pressure.

I don’t have any personal experience with Megaflow systems but it’s going to be a rather expensive option. It’s not something you can really install/maintain yourself as there are safety implications over a low pressure vented system. The existing pipework must be tested for integrity & depending on its age/condition you may end up replacing most of it. The stability of your incoming mains supply is also a determining factor; pressure can fluctuate considerably depending on demand & local conditions & this will determine the performance of your system.

You really need to take local advice & get some quotes but it ain't gonna be cheap. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back