Concealed taps - one anti-clockwise, one clockwise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, I have the following concealed taps

P1000612.jpg

P1000613.jpg

The left tap is the hot, right is cold. The flow arrow on the hot is on the underneath of the tap (pointing toward the faucet) and the the hot tap opens when the tap is turned anti-clockwise.

The cold tap has the flow arrow on the upper surface and again points to the faucet. However, to get water the lever is turned in a clockwise direction.

To get the cold tap to open when turned anti-clockwise I need to turn the tap around. The means the flow arrow is pointing away from the faucet.

Have I got a mis-matched pair of taps?

Sponsored Links
Are the taps quarter turn ? If so then they usually operate as you have described

had a similar set up on an installation some time ago if i remember correctly i swapped the working parts from hot to cold & vica versa
when you then use them towards on both will rotate towards center ie hot clockwise & cold anticlockwise

hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Are the taps quarter turn ? If so then they usually operate as you have described

Yes they are quarter turn. Seems strange that they are designed to operate different to conventional taps - i.e. Anticlockwise open, clockwise close.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back