Concernedd about replacement ridge tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I lost 2 ridge tiles last week in the high winds (middle 2 out of a row of 5 ridge tiles above bedroom). I had someone out to fix it today but am a bit concerned that the 2 new ridge tiles aren't sitting flush with the other existing tiles, they are sitting a bit higher (perhaps bigger than the gap left by old ones). When i asked the roofer if they were bigger tiles he said they were and that its hard to get the exact same size as a lot of tiles are discontinued. My house is only 9 years old. He has put fresh cement on to bed them in. I'm concerned that if we get high winds again they will blow off. Does it sound like a botch job or could he be telling the truth?

Sponsored Links
Its possible, but maybe he didn't chip all of the old cement away from the old bed, or try too hard to get the correct tiles.
He could have suggested renewing all 5 tiles, of course.....!
John :)

I'm wondering if like you say he didn't take off enough of the old mortar when putting new tiles on. As long as it stays on thats the main thing i suppose. Its the same as anything you pay for nowadays - the quality's just not there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back