Concrete floor - installing waste pipe - will i damage dpm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My first post here - I'm planning on installing a downstairs wc in the house this summer & want to do as much of the work myself. Can anyone help me with advice?

The house is a 15 year old terrace and has concrete floors downstairs. The wc will be in the centre of the house and won't be near an outside wall - so I'm planning to run a channel in the concrete floor for the 100mm soil pipe - through the adjoining room, to the outside wall and sewage drain.

I guess I'll have to dig out the channel to below the dpm and run the soil pipe below the concrete level? How do I reinsate the dpm afterwards? Is it possible to do this successfully - or would I be better off scrapping the idea and going for a macerator? (don't like these tho...)

Many thanks!
Steve

Sponsored Links
i would go with option 2 and scrap the idea. Plus as its a downstairs toilet i guess that it will be for jimmy 's and not number 2's so cant see a problem with fitting a master-bater :oops:

Thanks for the reply!

Is it really going to be too difficult? I'd prefer to get a real soil pipe in there if possible (would potentially allow me to add an en-suite in the room above at later date...).

How easy is it to join up the dpm afterwards? Had a builder round yesterday (for a different job) but he said he would fill over soil pipe with gravel and hardcore, then concrete up to dpm level, put in a liquid dpm to join up with the old dpm, add more concrete and finally fill over with screed. Does that sound right?

Cheers,
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back