OK stuck - Liquid DPM, concrete floor and a pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a concrete floor in the kitchen (concrete - DPM - 50mm screed), knocked through into the outside toilet which just had soil floor. I 've dug down and put 100mm of concrete down will liquid dpm to meet up with the existing dpm and 50mm screed ontop easy.
No - I have a water pipe that was in the screed laying accross the floor - How do I get round this with the dpm?

Do I liquid dpm under the pipe doing the ends as best i can (one dives down one goes down and though a party wall) and screed upto the pipe with timber over the pipe providing access?
OR
Try to polythene dpm over the pipe, screeding upto the pipe wth timber over the top providing access to the pipe but you have to cut the polythene?

Im stuck not sure which would be best? Advice appreciated.

Regards
Matt

Sponsored Links
What liquid dpm did you use? Couldn't you of used the visqueen in the area of the old toilet.
Then the 50 screed flush with the kitchen them liquid dpm that. Then a smoothing compound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back