Concrete garage experiences - Hanson? Nucrete?

I have had a very bad experience with hanson garages.

Although I sympathise with your experiences, it sounds like most of your problems are down to the fitter, rather than Hanson themselves. None of what you describe is down to the manufacturing of the components.

Re- your quote above... So the fitter is to be blame, do you have 1st hand knowledge of this or is this your assumption!

Sponsored Links
Spam, hmm whois says HANSONGARAGESLEAK.COM was created yesterday -

Updated Date: 18-dec-2011
Creation Date: 18-dec-2011
Expiration Date: 18-dec-2012

Looks like someone working for or on behalf (more likely) nucrete or another company has decided they need to generate a bit of negativity towards their competitors.

Unless of course they expect us to check this in which case they are using reverse psychology but on the assumption they are not on that basis i'd choose Hanson or someone completely different!

It is clear to see that this post and website was posted by a disgruntled customer which appears to be happy now with his garage, people need to remember as i was informed this is a concrete garage for a 1/3 of the cost of a brick build and are completely different to a brick build. I do not think that it is any company trying to discredit others more a customer who was disappointed in what he received, a big difference.

It is a shame that people ask for comments on a forum then you are slated for posting, as a 72 year old man who is new to the internet and thought i was helping others and feel a little disheartened,
Unfortunately it is the way of the internet forum that someone seemingly goes to effort of joining a forum to only provide a positive response about a particular product they may be viewed as a potential spammer. There's no offence meant if you are genuine and its not personal but this happens all too often. ;)

Shame really, that so many individuals go out of there way to discredit you, anyway you live and learn even at my age.

Shame really, that so many individuals go out of there way to discredit you, anyway you live and learn even at my age.

Alan, you seem to be taking the 'umph for something that was not aimed at you.
The comments refered to this post, which has since been deleted:
Dazleake was the person who appeared to be the spammer, not you.
So don't take so much offence.

Sponsored Links
RedHerring2";p="2226842 said:

Alan, you seem to be taking the 'umph for something that was not aimed at you.
The comments refered to this post, which has since been deleted:
Dazleake was the person who appeared to be the spammer, not you.
So don't take so much offence.[/quote

Thank you very much, i am new to this so please bear with me.

Thank you very much, i am new to this so please bear with me.

Don't worry, I'm not new to this but it confused me as well until I realised that there were other posts which have now been deleted. You will get the hang of it.

Although I sympathise with your experiences, it sounds like most of your problems are down to the fitter, rather than Hanson themselves. None of what you describe is down to the manufacturing of the components.

Re- your quote above... So the fitter is to be blame, do you have 1st hand knowledge of this or is this your assumption!

hansongaragesleak.com (dazleake) said:
it was immediately apparent to have a number of defects:

1. the sides of the roof sheets weren't fastened down and it would have been possible to lift them to gain entry.

2. the roof fixings (at the rear) had mostly missed the timber fascia, this would also make easy entry.

3. where the roof fixings had missed they had taken chunks out of the concrete sections.

4. the door lock and handle was loose.

5. the door frame was not correctly fitted and was loose.

6. one of the panels had re-enforcing bars exposed

None of those really sound like Hanson's fault. Being a kit it obviously didn't leave the factory like that. Sounds like poor installation to me, which wasn't by Hanson, but Kirton Garages

None of those really sound like Hanson's fault. Being a kit it obviously didn't leave the factory like that. Sounds like poor installation to me, which wasn't by Hanson, but Kirton Garages[/quote]

I thought that Kirton Buildings was an agent for Hansons, when i contacted them i was told that Hanson had there own installation team, maybe they dont anymore.

I am not a spammer, I do not work for any garage manufacturer, I am a very disgruntled customer please look at www.hansongaragesleak.com this websit will be updated soon as there is much more now.

Hi, I have been reading all the information posted on this site and your other site. I would just like to set the record straight from somebody in the business.

I am a sub contractor who deals in sectional buildings for both Hanson and Nucrete garages so I am unbiased. Both are good manufactuers who come very highly recommeded by hundreds of customers. Hanson's actually build around 50 buildings each week and have done for the past fifteen years and are a very well respected manufacturer.

You have had experience of a building that has not been manufactured and erected correctly, but this does not make them a bad company.

I would like to invite you for me to collect you, drive you to the factory and show you round to prove to you that the company is actually very well run and show you the vast customer numbers it is dealing with successfully. At the same time I will offer you an independant assessment on your building and arrange during the factory visit a date where any repair work can be done. If the repair work will not offer you a building 'fit for purpose' I will take the existing building away and replace it with new.

As I mentioned, I deal with both Nucrete and Hanson, and whilst this job was nothing to do with me directly, I supply in excess of 200 buildings from these manufacturers per year, and would like to offer my help to ensure all parties can sort this situation out favourably. Regards Richard (www.whiterosebuildings.co.uk)

I am not a spammer, I do not work for any garage manufacturer, I am a very disgruntled customer please look at www.hansongaragesleak.com this websit will be updated soon as there is much more now.

Hi, I have been reading all the information posted on this site and your other site. I would just like to set the record straight from somebody in the business.

I am a sub contractor who deals in sectional buildings for both Hanson and Nucrete garages so I am unbiased. Both are good manufactuers who come very highly recommeded by hundreds of customers. Hanson's actually build around 50 buildings each week and have done for the past fifteen years and are a very well respected manufacturer.

You have had experience of a building that has not been manufactured and erected correctly, but this does not make them a bad company.

I would like to invite you for me to collect you, drive you to the factory and show you round to prove to you that the company is actually very well run and show you the vast customer numbers it is dealing with successfully. At the same time I will offer you an independant assessment on your building and arrange during the factory visit a date where any repair work can be done. If the repair work will not offer you a building 'fit for purpose' I will take the existing building away and replace it with new.

As I mentioned, I deal with both Nucrete and Hanson, and whilst this job was nothing to do with me directly, I supply in excess of 200 buildings from these manufacturers per year, and would like to offer my help to ensure all parties can sort this situation out favourably. Regards Richard (www.whiterosebuildings.co.uk)

I do hope you managed to sort out dazleake's problem.
I also am a disgruntled customer of Hanson Garages, and no I don't expect you to come sort mine out too! :)

All businesses have problems, what makes them good or not is how they deal with the problems.
My problems have been ongoing for 7 months. Numerous panels replaced because they leaked, the cement fillet replaced twice and still leaks and the roof replaced and still leaks. Oh and the main door has started to rust.

Hanson's Customer Service 'manager' is a nightmare to deal with and has no idea about customer service in my opinion. His main aim always seems to be to fob customers off with excuses. At least that's my experience of him. None of the Hanson team, including the MD, has had a good word to say about him.

The cement fillet was apparently just cement, without any PVA. The second attempt was supposed to be the proper mix but needed PVA applied to the floor before it was laid, or so the Hanson guys explained.

The roof has leaked, though this was described as 'natural whilst they dry out' and just damp. Well until water was dripping off them anyway.
The MD did suggest that I spend an extra £400 - £500 on a different type of roof! When I declined to increase the cost of the garage by 20 - 25%, he offered a different roof, which was installed. The installation team said that they would be back soon, because the roof sheets should have 3 inches of felt removed to stop the water wicking up it, but that Hansons never do that.

Prior to ordering I asked the questions re water proof roof etc. The agent explained that as long as I purchased the optional fillet, the only place water would be able to get in was under the main door.
Hansons insist that no sectional building can be that good. They cannot accept responsibility for what their agent said and he simply says it's nothing to do with him because my contract is with Hanson.

Hanson MD insists that I must be to blame for having bought the wrong product, as he can't take what his agent said into account because he was not privy to the conversation! He has also been very clear that his sectional buildings will never be leak proof as all but the most expensive roof option will allow water in.

In actual fact, from reading the leaflet sent by the Hanson MD and speaking with the roofing manufacturers, it has become clear that the problem is not to do with the product, but with the way that Hansons refuse to install it correctly. The product is designed to cope with condensation and it appears that it will so well. It is NOT designed to cope with rain, hence the reason for removing a 3" strip from the end of it. That Hansons are aware of this, but refuse to remove this strip, suggests that the company decision makers are making bad decisions.
Deliberately installing a product incorrectly and then blaming the customer for expecting too much, are not the actions of a good or respectable company!

Given the number of problems with my garage and the number of different Hanson employees that have been out to replace panels, cement fillet, roof bolts and roof, I've chatted to quite a number and the overall impression I'm left with is that Hansons are now taking the cheap option in the hope that their customers can be persuaded to put up with sub standard work/products.

e.g. a quote from Hanson's commercial manager "I don't know why they always just use cement fillets for domestic buildings. I always ensure that commercial buildings are done properly, with PVA applied and then a good mixture of PVA and cement to make the fillet. This never leaks and saves us having to go back and do it again. I keep telling them that they should do this on the domestic side too."

I've added photos to my profile of a few of the problems

Having explained to the Hanson MD that the roof suppliers differentiate between rain and condensation and that the problem was almost certainly down to Hansons not removing the 3" strip of felt, as recommended by the manufacturers, he has agreed to send someone out to remove that strip of felt.
So we may just get it sorted within 8 months and be able to start using it!

He does still think that damp patches in the fillet are OK.
I'm not sure what is happening re the rusting door, he seems to have forgotten about that.

Richard,
Interestingly, over the last couple of days the metal roofing manufacturers contradict Hansons MD in that they arise a 3" strip of felt is removed to prevent water wicking into the garage. This because contrary the Hansosns assurances, the felt is NOT designed to cope with rain!

Also today, I have received a response from Hoermann who manufactured my up and over door, they disagree with Hansons MD in that a rusty bottom weld is covered by their warranty and should not just be covered with a bit of touch-up paint, which is what he was suggesting!

The really annoying thing is that his employees know how to install things correctly and if they were allowed to do so, it would save both Hansons and their customers a lot of hassle. I cannot believe it is actually cheaper to install the metal roofs and then go back to paint on some varnish and still not cure the problem, than it is to install the panels as per the manufacturer's instructions in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back