Concrete raft costs (big)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was mulling over an idea based on the building that I work in. It was built in ww2 and the area is easiest to describe as a capital E.

It's single story flat roofed. We already have a corrugated steel extension workshop.

The area in question uses the vertical part of the E as a corridor, and the horizontals as "spurs". The spaces between the spurs consist of one that is tarmac and used for parking, the other is more akin to bare ground, does have some manholes, and some hardstanding.

The plan might be to demolish the central bar of the E to create a C (squared off) leaving, if possible, the slab. Then have a new concrete slab cast over the bare earth/carpark to allow a massive steel unit to be erected.

The overall floor space is roughly 250 square meters for each space so possibly 2x 250's joined to the existing slab. Worst case, 750 in total.

Any idea what a slab of this size would cost? SE England with good access for trucks etc.
I was trying to estimate the cost for an email to explain the idea. A reasonably ok insulated steel building is about £130k and I figured double that for erection and wiring/heating?

Ta

Attachments

• IMG_5338.JPG
    IMG_5338.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back