concrete screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what size drill bit do i need for a 7.5mm concrete screw, builders supply say 6.5 but this seems a little large,[going into a concrete brick ]

Sponsored Links
Some concrete screw manufactures, give a recommended drill bit size for their product, but generally speaking for 7.5mm concrete screw, I would use a 6.0mm bit.
Remember when you drill your pilot for the screw, to drill a little deeper than the overall screw's length.

Going into brick or concrete i use a 6.5, going into blocks or mortar a 6.

You'll be surprised how hard it is to get into a 6mm hole in an engineering or concrete brick and as a result they don't seem to pull in as tight. That said i only ever use the 4inch and 6inch long ones

I am new to using an Easydrive Concrete Screw procedure

Is there a laid down recommended procedure for a wooden gate post onto brick? Some say don't drill the brick. Can the pilot drill also cut through the post or is it necessary to use a drill for wood?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can drill straight through the wooden post in to the brick to line things up, I would then advise you to clear you wood out to 8mm so when you fix it to the wall it will pull it tight against the wall. And if you have any expanding foam lying about squirt some between the post and the wall before you tighten it to the wall.

Remarkable time line on this post?

Just goes to show similar advice goes on and on?

Do you know what they say about the Internet being forever?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back