concrete shed/greenhouse floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to convert an old greenhouse into a garden storage shed, and I need to concrete the floor. Its half done already in that there is a central concrete path which I think is breeze blocks with concrete poured over them.

I've dug it all out the soil to about 6 inches below the concrete path and filled it with old breeze blocks and bricks, and am planning on sloshing a runny concrete mix in and puddling it about a bit to hold it together and level it.

From what I've read this is a bit rough and ready, but I don't need anything fancy. My questions are - is this OK or will it crack over the next ~10 years? And what mix of concrete do I use? Do I use a different mix to fill the gaps and screed the top layer?

thanks in advance,

Jim

Sponsored Links
This should be fine, it wont be the most reliable of jobs but it will do what you need, along with this it should last a good amount of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back