Concrete Skirting - Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a new house which has concrete skirtings. Some of these skirtings were removed so a damp proof course could be installed, however some walls still have the concrete skirtings in tact.

I want to remove these concrete skirtings and fit replacement wooden skirtings. Do you have any tips on removing these concrete skirtings?

Do I just hack away at them - and then presumably have to get the area re-plastered as I would probably have brought some of the wall away as well?

Any help, tips and hints will be greatly appreciated - as I know nothing :oops: !

Many thanks for your time.

Richard.

Sponsored Links
There's no easy way, a sharp boulter & hammer then make goods or leave it there and make a box skirting board using a square timber flush to the top of the skirting to hide the concrete skirting.

i'm stuck in the same situation as you . even a sharp bolster and fair amount of beef failed to take my skirting off , some of the facia crack ed but i think it will be very messy , time consuming and you'll have a lot of making good afterwards .

try googling koverskirt . looks a decent enough product if a bit ugly . otherwise there are some places on the web that will machine skirting to your specs albeit at a price .

anyhow , please post how you're going to proceed and how you fair

Rgds

Derek

Not sure how well this would work, how about cutting along the top of the conc' skirting with angle grinder then using a mini breaker to knock the conc' skirting off.

Less effort and shouldnt cause the plaster to come off any higher than the existing skirt.

However you need to be very careful how deep you cut as you really dont want to cut through anything important (Like wires) :!:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for everyones comments, they where very helpful.

I think I will try to hack the skirtings off (need a new heating system and going to get the pipes to run behind the skirtings), drinning down behind then to try and avoid too much damange to the wall.

Thanks again everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back