concrete & wooden fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put up a 6ft chain link fence & was wondering if any1 had any advice on how i can fix wooden posts to the already excisting concrete posts???????????

Sponsored Links
Well, you haven't said what the posts are, sizes, etc, but in general you can drill, plug and screw timber onto concrete fence posts - I was doing it today, in fact!

thank u. they're 4ft concrete posts & i want 2 put 6ft wooden posts on them so i can staple chain link fence to sto my thieving neighbours from climbing over!

As I said, you can screw wooden posts to the concrete ones by using screws and rawl plugs. Just make sure you start by drilling holes with a thin drill bit, slowly increasing the drill bit size until the plug will fit. That way you'll minimise the chances of shattering the concrete.

Sponsored Links
if they're gonna take any sort of hammer (i.e. wind, kids etc) i'd recommend using bolts M6 - M8..

(i am just a diy'er not a pro tho!)

plugs and screws or hammer fixings are fine. we use them all the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back