Concreting over a waste pipe, future access ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower waste pipe that I don't want to 'hard' cement into the floor - what do you normally do here ? Do you cover it in sand, and lay a thin concrete bed on top - if so, what kind of thickness ?
The plastic pipe lays in a gully beside a wall and is six inches deep and comes away from the wall by about four inches.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
build a small shutter around the gulley and concrete up to the shutter.

we normally use 3 bricks or cut a 2" edging kerb to suit, bed 'em in place then concrete up to the masonry when all has gone off.

Thanks for the quick reply - sorry I didn't say that I had already laid the 5 inch slab down beside - so the shuttering has been done and the pipe sits in a gulley with brick wall on one side and the slab on the other.

I'm still not clear as to what anyone might recommend that I cover the pipe run in - before I floor tile over it, any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
*In Masona's Voice* (again)

Can you do a photo?

Deluks said:
*In Masona's Voice* (again)

Can you do a photo?

image.php

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back