Concverting Radiators to Towel rails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've 2 normal radiators in Bath & WC that I am willing to change to chrome heated towel rail ones.

Pipes are coming from floor in the bath and "would be" drilled through the wall for the WC.

The issue is that both the pipes are 550 mm apart whereas the towel rails I can chose from are 450, 500 and 600 mm wide.

Which one of the above sizes be adapted to a 550mm gap?

I am thinking of using:

1. A flexi tap hose or
2. 45 degree copper pipe elbows to shift one of the pipes by 50/ 100 mm (prefer this option).

Could someone advise of what is the minimum displacement I could have by using 2 of 45 degree elbows on a 15mm copper pipe?
If its more than 50 mm, I will get the 450mm wide towel rails.

Thanks for your replies in advance..

Sponsored Links
a bit confusing but why don't you alter the pipe to 500mm before
it comes out of the floor ?

just be aware that in general a heated towel rail will not give out enough heat to heat the room unless is a much bigger size and without towels on :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Because the floor board is running through the wall on one side and under a shower tray on the other. I will have to cut it to access the pipework inside, which I don't think is a good idea.

I am aware of the BTu difference due to same sized heated towel rails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back