Condence waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening chaps, you know how condence waste can go to a waste hopper whisch is connected to the drains, well Iam wondering would a conni roof gutter connected to downspout and drains be classed as the same :?: :confused:

;)

Sponsored Links
Providing the drain does not just serve rain water and go to rain water tanks condensate can go into it if not a neutraliser has to be fitted in line

Well thats good news, Ive come out the wall 300mm directly over the conni gutter. Takes the need for that unsightly lagged pipe run out of the job. :p

;)

as condensage is perfectly clean, can it not go in rainwater only drain?

Sponsored Links
No something to do with it being slightly acidic and to do with settlement tanks under ground ,but when you think of some of the carp that must get washed off roofs etc can`t see what difference it would make.

Why do the regs make so much of this condensate waste. I was standing outside looking at the plume of steam coming out of my standard boiler (not condensing) flue and it was dripping almost constantly with water. I assume this is the same as condensate and nobody worries about that discharging all over the ground.

Condensate from condensing boilers can be several litres per hour.

there's a lot of concern/paranoia/uncertainty about the long term effects of discharging large amounts of mild acid into various systems.

I suppose it may in the long term stop the 'good bacteria' breaking down the human waste product at the sewage treatment works. :idea:

For what it’s worth, ask anyone who keeps a tropical aquarium and knows half how to keep it “natural” and they will tell you the average ph of water in the rainforest is about the same as condensate; between 4 and 5.

I've always been told even by my dog inspector, that condensate can go in any drain as long as it is not run into a septic tank.

Craig, don't let it lye in the gutter, I did 2 like that this summer and been called back to both when water in gutter froze solid and blocked condensate :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back