Condendsation in porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It happens in most of the lower cottage flats in my street.You go through the front door into a small porch,then through another door into the living room.
During the winter,the interior of the porch is soaking and constantly needs dried.also fungal grows,especially on the ceiling.
Short of keeping the lounge door open to let air circulate in the porch,is there any other way to control this?
Thx

Sponsored Links
And not ventilated with the (warm, moist) air from the house, but the cold dry air from outside.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar problem but now where near as bad as that. The glass panels get condensation and its very cold in winter. I have tried an oil filled radiator which has low running costs, far better than a cheap fan heater.

My intention over the summer months is to fit a small radiator in the porch which should heat up the coats and things on the hangars and also regulate the temperature and prevent the condensation. I have also just ordered a new pvcu door and window which i am hoping will help a little.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back