condensate drain flexiable pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does the condensate drain have to be rigid plastic or can you use flexiable pipe that is good and strong

Sponsored Links
The problem that I can see with using a flexible pipe is that you may not be able to ensure a continuous fall along the length of pipe and so end up with an air lock.

In principal, provided that it is made of a suitable material and is the required size for the location of the pipe, then I cannot see that you cannot use it but it may give you more headaches than you have cured... whats wrong with using rigid pipe?

there are sevral bends under floor boards may be i will fit a pump to the pipe

Why, what height is boiler from floor. you will have a drop on it for most off the way even bit of horizontal is ok , Water will get out without backing up into the boiler.

Sponsored Links
There is no problem using suitable flexible pipe for condensate as long as there is no risk of leaking or freezing.

if you need to fit flexi a good idea is a washing machine waste extention hose, very flexible and has rubber ends to properly connect something to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back