Condensate drain problem

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We had a new boiler installed in our garage and now see that water leaks from the condensate drain on to the garage floor.
Looking at the picture, the white drain pipe from the boiler feeds into a larger bore black pipe which, in turn, empties into the drain of the shower which is next door. This empties into a soil pipe from the toilet and a wash basin in the same bathroom, and then out to the main foul drain outside.
The problem is, I think, that the upper end of the black pipe shown is roughly at the same level as the shower tray next door and I believe that whenever we have a shower some water feeds back up the black pipe and overflows to the floor area shown as wet in the photograph.
My question is, could the larger bore black pipe be extended much higher up the white pipe, preferably to the area which falls vertically?
I'm not sure what the regulations here are, other than there must be a vent somewhere along the condensate drain pipe.
Thank you for any help and advice.

Attachments

• Drain.jpg
    Drain.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 213
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What are you doing on here on a Saturday morning? Get back to work!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back