Condensate pipe running down wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had a new boiler fitted, in a new location. The condensate pipe runs through the kitchen wall and is then diverted to the drain via some plastic piping. I have noticed that the expelled water leaks down the bricks instead of going down the pipe (some of it at least). The condensate pipe and the external piping are simply slotted together (no sealant).

Is this an installation error? Something that could not be predicted? Seems like it isn't a big job to fix, but leaving it would eventually cause a problem.

Sponsored Links
Welcome to DiyNot I assume you're talking about a 22mm plastic overflow pipe ? The joints should be glued and the pipe insulated.

Mine's exacly the same!, dripps on window cill every now and then.

It's supposed to go into the waste stack at back of house but half of it just comes back out of the pipe.

Can't understand why its not a sealed connection to stack but assumed it had to be vented for some reason?.

That's the pipe, but the leak is where the pipe meets a black plastic waste pipe outside. Instead of going from the overflow pipe to the larger waste pipe and down to the drain, it spatters down the wall instead.

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that the expelled water leaks down the bricks instead of going down the pipe (some of it at least).

It needs correct sealing,it will eventually leave nasty residue on the brickwork.

Can you post a photo ? It may be an easy fix (y)

Turns out there is a missing rubber bung, the plumber is coming back to fit it.

Hi,

I am having the same issue as this! My condensate pipe is external and is covered by a black waste pipe going into a drain but as the pipes aren’t sealed the water just goes down the wall! Can anyone tell me what seal I require please or what I need to do?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Becca

you are Hi-jacking a 4 year old post against site rules, you need to start your own post,add pics if you want the correct advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back