condensate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

alot of new builds seem to have this set up. condensate going into santuary waste pipe. ive AR this. maybe i was over zealous. condensate trap in boiler full but i would have thought the entry point should be sealed?

Sponsored Links
AR :eek:

Alot of boilers require an air break in the condensate pipe usually in the form of a tundish anyway.

The trap is the seal!

Why do you think installation is at risk?

if the trap was empty possibility of products of combustion coming back into room i would have thought

Sponsored Links
Techinically your correct however This is why theyre filled on initial istallation and when refitted after cleaning.

Check the trap is full and in good condition and you've done your job :cool:

fair enough. thanks alot. i dont do installs ( mainly repairs but why would ity need an air break?

that interesting. ive been doing repairs for 5 years but never know their was possibility of boiler actually sucking gunk up from the waste but i see the point.thanks

If the waste pipe goes out of building before going into soil pipe It could possibly freeze and this is why they want a air break/tundish so that the boiler isn't damaged by the condensate backing up.

alot of new builds seem to have this set up. condensate going into santuary waste pipe.

It needs a trap on the drain pipe to stop smells getting into the building, similar to a washing machine upstand; I don't see one on the picture.

AR is gas term and there is absolutely nothing wrong with air break in the pipework as long as HEP2O non return valve has been fitted to stop the stench coming from sewerage pipe

What does a tundish do exactly?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back