Condensation in loft - could it be bathroom extractor pipe not venting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
See attached image. The extractor fan pipe goes into the cavity between walls. Not best photo, the rafter is hiding it going in above the inner wall.

I was told this setup is common. But this half of the attic has a soaking roof, it's dripping. You can top of rafters are wet. The other side (I have an attic room in between) is dry. It's only this side that's wet. I have adequate ventilation, I've put these space things in between the felt. I can feel air blowing in there.

So only thing I can think of is the extractor fan is no good vented into the cavity between inner and outer wall. I have cavity insulation although shouldn't be any this high in attic.

Thanks
F5B4AD87-1F1F-4800-A4AB-795EAC5D6CD0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It is beyond my ken, but both ends of the extractor vent look to be very obstructed (top and bottom). That said, the lower compression should (possibly) result in water falling back down.

I'd wonder if anything is extracted through that pipe, it's crushed at both ends. Where does it go after that wall?

Sponsored Links
You need to get that either out of a vented roof tile or wall (preferably lower down).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back