Condensation in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an end terrace house past 6 years which had a leaking roof - we got a new roof last May but have now discovered the inside of the roof is damp with chipboard all covered in water droplets. The side of the house and neighbouring wall inside the loft is dark colour at the top suggesting damp. I have phone the roofer last week and they are suggesting its just condensation and even said they would come out to see it but have not heard anything yet. I also notice part the tile that goes of the edge of the roof has come out of place

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can give me advice on this at all on how to tell the difference or between the condensation or if the roof is leaking

Sponsored Links
any photos
I also notice part the tile that goes of the edge of the roof has come out of place
maybe thats the issue ... if its letting in water near to where you are seeing it

last may - should all be under warranty, not sure what warranty you got on workmanship - often my quotes include a year , some have had 5 years workmanship , no idea if they are worth the paper written on
- unless its the recent storm damage

thanks for the advice = the misplaced tile at edge down towards bottom of roof but droplets are all over the apex down to the bottom all over
thanks for taking time to answer still trying to chase up roofer

but droplets are all over the apex down to the bottom all over
Then very likely to be condensation.
Do you have items such as downlighters poking through the ceiling, has the lift hatch got a seal around it.
Again, photos may help.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like condensation to me also. You probably need to increase ventilation to the roof space and as stated above, be sure to seal your loft hatch and any other gaps or holes through which warm, moist air may enter the cold roof space and condense.

We have had a lot of drip on our north facing roof since Friday, Lots of condensation drips on the boarding in that part of the roof. Agree with the need to seal the loft hatch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back