Condense box outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I found a little puddle of water under the boiler when I was in the loft and took the case off to see that the condense box was waterlogged and the bottom of the boiler was pretty rusty.

I'm not going to attempt to clean this myself and have already called a plumber because I've also found that the outlet pipe seems to be melted into place?

Is this normal it has something else caused this?

Underneath
IMG_6594.JPG
IMG_6595.JPG

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Make & model would help the guys help you. On some you have to be gas safe registered as the case forms a seal.

Probably your drain downstream of the condense box is blocked, check that before you look further upstream. No idea how you remove that melted on pipe though.

Sponsored Links
I don't think you need to worry about that condensate pipe being melted where it joins to underside of boiler. Looks like the plumber used his torch to form a socket in the end of the 22mm overflow pipe during installation. It wasn't caused by anything overheating on your boiler. Like this -

I don't think you need to worry about that condensate pipe being melted where it joins to underside of boiler. Looks like the plumber used his torch to form a socket in the end of the 22mm overflow pipe during installation. It wasn't caused by anything overheating on your boiler. Like this -

Exactly - it’s a suaged/swaged(?) joint in the condense pipe - although I can usually do ‘em without the burn spot :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back