Condensing 3 month leeway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a couple of combi conversions coming up and TBH I would rather fit non condensing boilers as the condensate run will be a bit awkward, but not impossible.

Hypothetically, how many people would use the "work in progress" or "ordered before April" excuse/reason on occasions such as these?

Sponsored Links
according to my sources there is a 3 month change over period to pop in non condensing boilers

I have complied straight away from 1st of april as I think non condensers will quickly lose fashion and it will be a great excuse for firms and spares stockists to claim "oh we cant get the spares now for non condensers" excuse.

gas condencing boilers should be fitted as from the 1st of last mounth
and were ever possable be fitted there is a points system applied
and if the point are higher than statted on the calculation and declaration form then a non condencing boiler can be fitted.

the vallient and the glo-worm condensing combi boilers are very good
i have installed lots of them and i have had no problams and am
very happy to recomend them.

and i will only fit condencing boilers with s/steel heat exchangers

as there have been lots of problams with the alluminum ones :idea:

Sponsored Links
we are still fitting conventional combis using the 3 month leeway as we still have jobs outstanding. customers are happy to have them as well as it saves them money

we are still fitting conventional combis using the 3 month leeway as we still have jobs outstanding. customers are happy to have them as well as it saves them money

Heat exchanger fine on my 3 year old isar.
Fitting Icos's now, easy to fit and qiuet. If no problems will keep fitting them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back