Condensing boiler needs resetting everyday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Each time I switch the boiler on it has failed to stay lit without the reset button being pressed. Tonight I had to press it about 10 times before the boiler staed ignited. Once started it seems to shut on and off normally (so far).

When switched on, the boiler does light, but then immediately flames out. I have noticed that there is a small amount of water at the base of the exterior overflow pipe. At first I thought that this might be part of the problem but having read some more I have discovered that this could be part of the condensing process. The boiler is operating at 1.5 bar so it shouldn't be due to the expansion safety valve. Any ideas to what may be wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Its not possible for me to come to any conclusion about the cause apart from failure to confirm flame presence.

It seems very likely to be a problem created during the service.

My advice would be to ask the service person if he could come and sort it out! Sometimes disturbing a boiler can create a minor fault like this.

Ferroli and one of the worst in this respect and some engineers would say if its working then dont touch it until it fails next.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back