potteron boiler reset problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am having to press the reset button in order for the boiler to keep working does anyone know why this is happening

Sponsored Links
ok youve stuck to the geneva convention. name rank number.

any more info??? :rolleyes:

Hmmm, let me see if I can plug in to Kevs magic ball.....got it......suprima??

Sponsored Links
thanks for replies its a suprima 40 ,if it is the pcb failing is this dangerous to the ongoing day to day use of boiler i.e me having to press reset button
and finally is this a common fault
thanks for your help

An unidentified Potterton engineer recently admitted that he went to between 10 and 15 Suprimas each week with faulty PCBs.

He did not agree that the PCBs were unreliable though.

There were probably quite a lot sold though.

Tony

10 - 15 a week, musta been pullin ur leg, i got to about 2-3 max a week...... and obviously im gonna say that their's NO problem with the pcb's.......... :rolleyes:

I go to 2 or 3 a week aswell, but apart from the occasional fan it is always the pcb...I know potterton started that rumour about electrodes to divert attention away from the pcb, but I've yet to find one. Mind you potterton have done us a favour really because round here they are all fitted on new estates and for every one we repair we usually get a couple of friends or neighbours come onto a contract because they know they have the same problem.

Agile said:
An unidentified Potterton engineer recently admitted that he went to between 10 and 15 Suprimas each week with faulty PCBs.

He did not agree that the PCBs were unreliable though.

There were probably quite a lot sold though.

Tony

Why am i unidentified my name is Gaz what more do you want to know ;) and yes i do go to approx 10 -15 :confused: and who said i didnt agree they werent unreliable :rolleyes: sorry Tony stop putting words into my mouth just state wot i said please ;) Gaz

ollski said:
I go to 2 or 3 a week aswell, but apart from the occasional fan it is always the pcb...I know potterton started that rumour about electrodes to divert attention away from the pcb, but I've yet to find one. Mind you potterton have done us a favour really because round here they are all fitted on new estates and for every one we repair we usually get a couple of friends or neighbours come onto a contract because they know they have the same problem.
thanks again fo replies guys , i live on new estate built seven years ago so by what you saying then someone close by has or is gonna have the same problem,how much will cost for me to have a new pcb and fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back