Condensing boiler not staying at max temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant ecotec condensing boiler and we seem to be getting variable heating results on both central heating and hot water tank recently. The boiler will switch on start heating the water, get up to 65deg target temperature, then immediately backs off and the water temp drops to about 45deg, the boiler then is content to keep heating the water at this lower value. To a layman, I would expect the boiler to run continuously at 65deg until a control like the hall thermostat tells it to turn off cos the house is warm enough.

Sponsored Links
Press the i button when the boiler is running at 45c and post back what the display says .

Or it's a 4 series and hitting target temperature during the ignition phase. Which model ecotec is it?

Sponsored Links
Could be an old wilo gold, still get plenty of new installes running one of they old bad boys, just not very well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back