Condensing boilers regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know of some English fitters ( Agile - not East Europeans - we don't get many in midlands) still fitting oridinary boilers where condensing can be easiliy fitted ( i.e less than 1000 points under the exemption rules). I had a chat with one these guys in the merchants and according to himthe April 1 deadline has been extended for three months to July. I wasn't aware of this.

Sponsored Links
They are using a loophole which states that if the work was pre-ordered before the 1st April 2005 then they have until then to complete the work.

He is also using another loophole that in reality nobody is checking or enforcing anything until next year at the earliest!

You are actually quite wrong about East Europeans in the Midlands. During the last war a large number of Polish refugees were billeted around Warwickshire and when the war ended many stayed and married local girls.

There are still so many that BBC Radio Warickshire had local programs in the Polish Language. Most are now second and third generation and I have met one ( of at least two ) millionaires who made a fortune from nothing ( but not at plumbing though! )

Tony Glazier

Exemption code 888 (or 8888) on the online registration thing. Not allowable after 30th June.

Sponsored Links
And just what percentage of installed boilers do you think are being "notified" by registered and non-registered people?

The evidence that I have is not very many!

Tony Glazier

Agile said:
And just what percentage of installed boilers do you think are being "notified" by registered and non-registered people?

The evidence that I have is not very many!

Tony Glazier

Hell Tony the most of the ones I know in town can't even speak English.

Notify what's "Notify" mean bit like part P when I asked the sparkie, blank stare :confused: :confused: :confused:

that better Chris, fingers not doing what I tellem again :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back