Condensing Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my old Thorn back-boiler replaced shortly, and have been recommended the Glo-worm 30cxi. I own a 3-bedroom brick-built end-of-terraced house, and we are four occupants.
Does anyone have experience of this unit? I'm concerned about annual service charges and repairs in them future. Also, I've been told I'll have sufficient capacity to avoid problems when turning on a tap whilst the shower is being used. Is this realistic?

Sponsored Links
franglais said:
I'm concerned about annual service charges and repairs in them future. Also, I've been told I'll have sufficient capacity to avoid problems when turning on a tap whilst the shower is being used. Is this realistic?

Yeh, Combi boilers are the best thing since sliced bread. Go for it. Millions of combi owners in the UK can't be wrong! In a couple of years time, if your boiler decides to take a break from service for a day or two, you'll be able to cope with lovely bracing cold showers right?! :LOL:

keep putting combis in multi occupancy households then squeal like a stuck pig when you get your first of many expensive repair bills and five/six years later rip it out and replace with a decent hot water system money spent wisely now will save a lot of cold showersin the future

Sponsored Links
I have had this unit installed 6 weeks ago. It seems to be OK, but then again I dont have much experience of combi condensing boilers as our old system was a storage type (which took over 5 hours to heat the tank of water from cold)

I can tell you that my home is an end of terrace, has 4 bedroom, and 9 radiators. Shower wise, you will notice a temperature change if someone else turns on a tap whilst you are showering, though its not extreme, ie: hot to cold or hot to scalding...if you see what I mean. It does do a little maintenace cycle when it comes on for about 20-30 seconds (I think its internals only and not the gas as well) if it is not in use for a while. ie: the heating or taps have not been turned on for a period of time.

Inspection and maintenance wise, I can't answer. I believe it should be inspected every year. You do get a guarantee of 24 months from installation or 30 months from date of manufacture, whichever is shortest, for parts. and 12 months or 18 months, whichever is shortest, for labour. And you must have it serviced after 12 months by a corgi engineer for the 2nd half of the guarantee to be in effect.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back