Condensing tumble dryer in airing cupboard with boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a combi boiler (Glow Worm 24ci) in an airing cupboard which is about 1.3m long and 90cm wide with no ventilation. I was just wondering if it would be ok to put a condensing tumble dryer in there too or could that cause the boiler to overheat? If it is ok there is a plug socket in there currently that is used for the boiler - would it be ok to plug the tumble dryer into that too or as it's using a different fuse is that not possible?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
despite their name, condensing driers blow out a surprising amount of steam, so if the cupboard is unventilated, it will get damp. Think again.

You can hire a core drill which makes a neat 105mm hole in your walls fairly easily.

You can either put a high and a low ventilator through the wall, or, if you have not yet bought a condensor drier, buy a vented one and poke its snout through the hole.

Definitely need to ventilate the cupboard.

We fitted an extract fan to our small utility room (wash m/c + tumble drier + a few shelves) to take the heat out of the space and trimmed the bottom off the door to provide adequate air flow.

The drier works on a closed cycle so there should be no actual steam but even with the fan the room gets very warm...especially when my wife forgets to turn on the fan!

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I'll have a look into fitting some ventilation.

With the plug socket though is it ok to use the same one the boiler is using? I believe it's connected to a 16A MCB where as the sockets are connected to a 32A MCB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back