condensor pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
lot of water coming out of condenser pipe even when boiler not in use. Any ideas why??? It is a Potterton 24 and 2yrs old.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Performa 24he?
Do you have to keep topping up the system pressure?
Split het exchanger possibly or domestic hot water pre-heat is running.

Yes Performa 24HE. The boiler is in upstairs flat and downstairs flat owner not happy that water was pouring down middle of last night. Obviously at night it boiler is not working and i am wondering what made it pour water out. He complained that it was dribbling always and showed me his dry condenser pipe said something must be wrong with my boiler. Even when boiler is not working it dribbles. I am wondering whether i need to call someone to have a look or switch system completely off and try again see it works. Boiler works ok.

sorry missed out answering the q. I do not have to keep filling up the boiler

Sponsored Links
I am not sure what the pipe connected to. I do not even know which pipe is which. it worked for 2 yrs without any problems, Better call an expert i guess. I have not serviced the boiler since it was installed. May it is time i do. Thanks for all trying to help

Its most unlikely to be coming out of the condensate pipe which should be terminated in a drain anyway.

If you are not topping up the boiler then it will be coming from a toilet or other water tank.

Get a professional!

Tony

Edited because I had misread that its not being topped up regularly.

i reckon its overflow from tank or toilet. No pressure loss and constantly running. Its not connected to a boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back